Fleet » Our boats
In partnership with Mercurio Group (Spain) we have created the ultimate no-compromise workboat, specifically designed to serve the demands of the North Sea wind energy industry.
These boats have been developed to out-perform other vessels, especially in our short, steep seas.
With a cruising speed of 25 knots (fully laden) in most weather, they are almost unstoppable and work safely in seas of up to 2.5m.
The large fore and aft cargo decks are equipped with cranes for loading and unloading.
Modern, comfortable accommodation is provided for up to twelve passengers.
Workboat features and specifications
- 20m long, 8m beam, 1.4m draft
- Two V12 M.A.N. engines with ZF gearboxes, each developing 1800hp, de-rated to 1000hp for ultimate endurance and fuel efficiency. More »
- Cruising speed of 25 knots, fully loaded, in most weather conditions
- 15 tons lighter, stronger and faster when compared with an aluminium vessel of the same spec
- Trolling valves for steady, precise slow-speed survey work
- Massive cargo decks fore (38.7m2) and aft (22m2) capable of carrying 10,000kg
- Extending marine Guerra crane with 975kg capacity at 6.8m long reach for loading and unloading
- Moon pool with crane / grab access
- The rear crane can be used for camera surveys and grab-sampling through the moon pool on the aft deck
- Cat 1 vessel: Can stay out more than 24 hours and up to 150 miles from a safe haven
- Extended range: We can carry more than 10,000 litres of fuel
- At 20 knots we use 25 litres of fuel per engine per hour less than the nearest rival engine manufacturer
- Bow thrusters
Accommodation and onboard facilities
- We can carry up to 12 passengers in complete comfort
- 12 suspension-seats with seat-belts
- 12 customer bunks, 2 showers and 3 toilets (plus 4 bunks for crew)
- Webasto heating system with air ducting throughout
- 240 volts inside and on deck
- Fully-fitted commercial kitchen with dining facilities
- Water maker
- Satellite TV
- 2 × 42″ TVs
- Primary radar: Koden MDC-2510BBS Radar / Chartplotter with 12kW 6ft open array antenna and 17″ display
- Secondary radar: Koden MDC-2040T 10.4″ colour radar, with 4kW 3ft open array antenna
- Koden CVS-841C 10.4″ colour echosounder, dual frequency 50/200kHz, 1kW
- Koden KGC-1 GPS Compass
- ComNav Commander autopilot with colour display
- Lorenz Magnum Pro chartplotter with GPS and 17″ display
- Icom IC-M603 DSC fixed VHF radio
- Navicom RT-650 DSC VHF radio
- Icom IC-M801 GMDSS SSB radio with automatic antenna tuner
- Automatic Identification System (AIS)
- Sea Marshall man overboard system